Do I have to sell my condo or my home?

An apartment or a house that you do not inhabit yourself is a fortune. Insofar as the assets are exceeded, there is no need for assistance and you are not entitled to Arbeitslosengeld II. If you live in your flat or house, the situation is usually considered to be appropriate up to a living space of 130 m2. If it is larger, the beams check whether areas can be separated and therefore sold. You may be required to rent individual rooms. If the housing has not yet been paid, the beneficiaries of the Arbeitslosengeld II will pay the debt interest to an appropriate extent, the property tax and other public charges as well as ancillary costs, but not the repayment rates.

Section § 12 Absatz 3 Nummer 4 SGB II