Do I have to pay for my partner’s children from his/hers first marriage if my partner applies for Arbeitslosengeld II?

Yes. When determining the benefits for a community of needs with children, the income and assets of the partner are also considered, even if the children are not their biological children. This income taxation ensures that married partners are not placed at a disadvantage compared to unmarried partners.

Section § 9 Absatz 2 Satz 2 SGB II