What can I do if my electricity has been cut off due to a delayed payment to the power supplier?

You should contact your relevant job center immediately and ask for assistance. It is important to meet current payment obligations immediately. You have the option to agree with the job center that the monthly payments are made directly from them to the energy supplier. This also allows you to counter an imminent current blockage. You can receive a loan for any outstanding arrears during the usage of Arbeitslosengeld II. However, this does not apply to the so-called old debts, ie debts from the time before the application for Arbeitslosengeld II.

Setion § 24 Abs. 1 i.V. mit § 42 a SGB II