Yes. In order to avoid homelessness, social welfare providers can also take over rent and energy pensions from persons who are not in need of assistance within the meaning of SGB II (for example, persons with a low but needy income or a low unemployment benefit recipient).

Section § 21 SGB XII i.V.m. § 36 SGB XII